Click here to submit your entry!
Did you read the rules?
Don't forget to identify the category it's in.
- The Scuba Center Temecula competition is open to entrants of all skill levels.
- You may enter up to three (3) photos per category.
- Any one photo can be entered into one (1) category only.
- Temecula Valley Dive Club members, Scuba Center Temecula Dive Team members, and Scuba Center Temecula customers are allowed to enter the contest, however, photo contest staff, and current judges are not allowed to enter the contest.
- Each individual can only win one prize. Entrants with multiple winning entries will be given priority in prizes by value.
- Winners will be announced and exhibited on social media.
- We adhere to the Project AWARE® 10 Tips for Divers. Marine life should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo. Conservation rules will apply to all entries, and decisions will be final. Entries suspected of exhibiting the following behavior will be disqualified:
- Divers visibly damaging the environment (e.g. gear dragging or kicking up sand).
- Animals with signs of stress (e.g. puffed puffers, inking octopus).
- Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location.
- Marine life being touched (e.g. coral polyps, seahorse tails).
- Divers exhibiting poor buoyancy control
- All submitted images must have been taken by the entrant.
- Images that have been widely published are eligible but are less likely to gain judges’ attention.
- Photographers retain all copyrights to their images. Scuba Center Temecula, and other donors to the 2019 Photo Competition retain the right to publish the contest entries in print or online to congratulate or feature the winners and their respective images, to promote the Scuba Center Temecula or future Scuba Center Temecula contests, and to promote other future events. Winning images may be included in a press release for third party websites/publications in the context of congratulating and/or featuring the winners and winning images, and to promote future competitions.
- All images must have been taken underwater of natural subjects in natural habitats (i.e., no swimming pools, no mermaids, etc.) with the exception of the "Top Side" category.
- Top Side photos should be taken with the "Diving Photo Contest" in mind. Top Side photos that aren't diving related will not be considered.
- Entries may have been taken from any camera, film (as scanned slides) or digital.
- No Cheating
- No Whining
- Last day to submit a photo in this contest is October 31, 2019.
- Winners will be announced at the November Temecula Valley Dive Club meeting on November 6, 2019.
Photo Preparation and Submission Guidelines
- Global photo adjustments, such as white balance, brightness, contrast, and sharpness are permitted, as is cropping. Minor cleaning of images is also permitted, including the removal of backscatter, dust and scratches. Composite images are not permitted. Images are expected to represent reality, and judges reserve the right to audit raw files of finalist images.
- For the "EDITED" category specifically... you MUST provide the original photo along with the edited version to be considered.
- Entries must be saved in jpeg format and should be sized to be 3000 pixels in the longest dimension. Please limit your images to a maximum file size of 5,000KB (5MB). Images will be viewed on a large monitor and should be in the AdobeRGB 1998 or sRGB color space.